31 Dec 2012

Woman and 30 plus cats saved from fire

A woman and her more than 30 cats were rescued from her Scarborough home on December 30, after a two-alarm fire was started by a space heater, the Toronto Star reported.

The threat of fire is a good reminder to keep valuables locked up in self storage units in the Toronto area.

The fire started with the space heater in the garage and quickly spread after reaching a 20-pound propane cylinder. The woman and her cats were saved after 45 firefighters responded and were able to put the fire out before reaching the home.

“The garage was gutted and the fire did extend into the attic, but inside the actual home, her and her cats were not harmed,” Captain Mike Strapko, told the news source. “We got there quick enough to knock it down. That’s why it’s important to have fire stations strategically set up throughout the city.”

Self storage can be a smart way to hang on to valuable items without taking up room in a house or apartment. For Toronto storage solutions, there's no better than Jiffy Self Storage. Those interested in self storage should check out the affordable rates on Jiffy's website, where they can also enter to win a free iPad 3.

Be Sociable, Share!

Related Articles [3]

4 Tips For Fireproof Document Storage

March 3rd, 2017
We all have valuables that we would be devastated to lose in a fire. Some of them are keepsakes, some of them are worth a lot of money and some of them are important legal...

Why It's Important To Get Your Winter Tires

December 20th, 2016
As soon as temperatures drop below seven degrees Celsius, it's time to swap out your all-weather, or your summer, or whatever tires you have on your car and opt for winter...

2 Tips For Choosing The Right Packing Supplies

February 12th, 2016
Having a pre-prepared list of all of the packing supplies you will need to move your belongings into a storage unit or a new home will make the move much less stressful. For...

Leave a Comment






Essential SSL