A two-alarm fire broke out in a Regent Park high rise in Toronto on November 5, trapping residents on the sixth floor, the Toronto Star reported. A mattress lit on fire and caused more than 40 firefighters in 13 fire trucks to respond to the scene, the source reported.
Toronto area residents should look into storing their valuables in self storage units to protect them from unexpected damage from fires and other unfortunate events.
Toronto Fire Captain Mike Strapko said to the Toronto Star that trapped residents placed wet towels under their doorways before sticking their heads out of the windows of the highrise.
“There was smoke and my family got out," Terry Woods, who has lived on the 13th floor for two years, told the Toronto Star. "I knocked on my neighbours doors and they got out."
Self storage can be a smart way to hang on to valuable items without taking up room in a house or apartment. For Toronto storage solutions, there's no better than Jiffy Self Storage. Those interested in self storage should check out the affordable rates on Jiffy's website, where they can also enter to win a free iPad 3.